Boufe Boutique Cafe, Singapore

Address:
308 Tanglin Road, Phoenix Park, #01-01, Singapore 247974

Opening times:
Closed on Mondays
Tuesday to Fridays from 8am to 10pm
Saturday & Sunday from 10am to 10pm (All day brunch)

Website: http://www.boufesg.com/

Our honest review:
Boufe Boutique Cafe is rather inconvenient to get to. Their location isn't the best to get to without a motor vehicle as the nearest bus stop and MRT is pretty far off. And I'm not a big fan of inaccessible place. 

The interior

The interior - counter table top
They have a minimalist concept implemented which draws the crowd, considering how many Singapore are trying to be a "hipster". A simple white background could also mean better photography of the food and themselves. Upkeep of the restaurant to maintain such white pristine condition of the walls and etc is gonna be challenging. The restaurant has to have this clean white background for it to be attractive or else it would just look like a warehouse.

The cafe itself isn't big at all. Probably could hold, in my own approximation, about 30-35 seated people. But they do have an extended alfresco area behind which is open for dining and events too. Various events, such as solemnization and birthday parties, were shown in various media platforms as having been held there. These do look pretty.

2 sets of Triple B and a set of their brioche french toast
Triple B - Boufe's Big Breakfast
Brioche french toasts
Brioche french toasts
The big breakfast was really good. Scrambled eggs are always easy to make, but making a good one is hard. I have came across very few good scrambled eggs, especially in Asian countries, but I must say Boufe has done it right. The creamy texture to it is on point, though personally I felt it could use a pinch of salt. The mushrooms were seasoned and sauteed perfectly. Together with its juiciness, the flavours do burst in the mouth. My mum and I can't help but to nod in sync in agreement. Both the sausages were meaty enough, but a tad too oily for my liking as I have a phobia for oil. My mum preferred the shorter sausage. Croissant weren't the best as it lost its crispiness to it. It was rather mediocre.

The brioche bread itself though, was the fluffiest and probably one of the best brioche breads I have ever tasted. I got so overwhelmed with the brioche bread itself, I think I might have forgotten the taste of eggs in them, or maybe there weren't even any to begin with. 

What I am truly amazed is their generous and hearty portions. I would have never expect to have a portion this big in an Asian country. 
Citron tart
Citron tart


Can never end a meal without a simple dessert and citron tarts are one of my all-time favourites. Their citron tart has a good balance of both sour and sweet unlike many others with their superbly sour or having a ridiculously thick sweet meringue on top of it. As you can see from the amateur picture taken, there is a good thin consistency of a layered meringue. The only downside was the base of the tart was rather thick and I think I can say it is slightly under by the look and taste from it.

In addition, my sister and I took a mini-shopping trip to Ohvola's shop in Boufe cafe itself and got ourselves a really nice outer coat. Ohvola is a online shopping site, a favourite of many youngsters nowadays. It is good finally having to see and feel the material of the apparels and even being able to try them on there. 

Price: The big breakfast and french toast cost us SGD$21 and SGD$19 respectively and their citron tart costing SGD$5.50. I don't cafe hop that often and have never felt the need to feel "hipster" enough to do so like everyone else, and therefore feel that it is obviously very pricey in comparison to hawker food that cost only SGD $3-5. There is definitely a huge discrepancy that most of the times I find it hard to swallow, especially in Singapore. I do not deny that it is expensive, but if you were to compare to other cafes in Singapore, it might just be average. But if I were to must have food at a cafe, Boufe would definitely be one of my top choices and recommendation. 

Both the quality of food and atmosphere are truly amazing. And as said before, their portions are very generous. This is, well I think you can call it as, my first cafe-hopping experience and I feel Boufe would have set a standard that is hard to beat by other cafes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment