O'ma spoon Korean Dessert Cafe, Singapore

Address:
313 @ Somerset, 313 Orchard Road, #04-20/32, Singapore 238895
Marina Square, 6 Raffles Boulevard, #04-102, Singapore 039594

Opening times:
Everyday from 11.30am to 10pm


Our honest review:
Location is never a problem when it comes to huge shopping malls in the city area. They are MRTs within close proximity, providing easy access. I went to the one at 313@Somerset around 7/8pm-ish and it took us about 5-10 minutes to get a table. It wasn't long, and probably because it has not reached its peak hour yet. The queue obviously piled up about an hour later. The seating area is pretty small at 313@Somerset and could probably fit about 35-40 people.

Their table
Green tea bingsu
Apparently Singaporeans suddenly have this craze over bingsu and from my understanding it tastes nicer than a local ice kachang so much so that people are willing to pay 5 times more the price for it. I told myself that it better be good.

We ordered a green tea bingsu, which we probably waited for around 10-15 minutes. I still could not really grasp the idea of waiting that long for shaved iced. Ice kachang probably took 5 minutes tops. But nevertheless, it was a pretty large bowl and we shared it amongst 3 people.

I felt that there was minimal or no taste to it at all. I thought there was suppose to be some milk over the shaved iced, but there was none. Everything underneath the 0.2 cm worth of low quality matcha powder was basically white as snow. The only redeeming factor was the azuki beans and some almond flakes.

Price: I felt I have paid $14 for a bowl of iced water. I honestly cannot comprehend this hype at all. Yes you get a large size bowl and a tall tower of bingsu, but do not forget that it is just a tower of ice. My conclusion - gross overhyped!

Lesson of this feast? Do not ever judge a book by its cover. Or in this case, do not ever judge a meal solely by its presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment