Sunday Folks, Singapore

Address:
44 Jalan Merah Saga, Chip Bee Gardens #01-52, Singapore 278116

Opening times:
Closed on Mondays
Tuesday to Fridays from 1pm to 10pm
Saturday & Sunday from 12noon to 10pm


Our honest review:
Accessibility to cafe by public transport or motor vehicle is good. It takes about a 5 to 7 minutes walk from the nearest MRT(Holland Village). If you drive, there is a public car park just behind the café or you could also parallel park along the road fronting the café. Despite that I went around 3pm on a Thursday, I still had to queue to get a seating. I am indeed surprised that the cafe is full house on a weekday office/school hour. There were 3 groups in front of me so luckily the wait was not too long!
The "waiting for a seat" only took a return trip from Sunday Folks to Da Paolo Gastronomia to buy a scone, so that should be about 10 minutes top?
Interior of the cafe
Upon entering the café, you are immediately welcomed with a very strong waffle smell in the café. To me, that is a good thing when a café smells of good food, especially the smell of freshly cooked waffles. The café was quite big and spacious, probably able to fit 70-80 people, if my approximation is right. A really friendly staff, having known that it was my first time here, waited on me and took pain to slowly explain to me what is their specialty here, types of waffles, and how to go about ordering them. I have to say that that their service was impeccable despite the café was packed full of customers. Even though the place was packed full with customers, I only waited for approximately 15-20 minutes to have my waffles served to me.
Double-stacked waffles topped with roasted pistachio soft serve with roasted pistachio toppings

Double-stacked waffles topped with roasted pistachio soft serve with roasted pistachio toppings
Obviously, as always, the waffles gave great aesthetic pleasure to the eye due to the colours of the strawberries, blueberries, maple syrup and hazelnut sauce. I ordered the roasted pistachio soft serve with roasted pistachios on top. They were very generous with the amount of soft serve they gave, as all I can see is spiral and spirals of soft serve on top of my waffles. I also liked the idea that they did not put the soft serve directly on top of the waffles but on a round biscuit which is perfectly hidden by the soft serve. This means that the waffles do not get soften from the soft serve.

I really enjoyed the soft serve a lot and felt it was one of the better pistachio flavoured soft serve/ice cream I’ve ever tried. The nutty taste was so strong, but yet having the smoothness and creaminess of the soft serve. In addition, the roasted pistachio toppings added a stronger pistachio taste and crunchy texture to the soft serve. Only one thing was that the soft serve melted too quickly. Not sure if Singapore was too warm or it is just that the soft serve reaches its melting point really quickly. I did not exceptionally like the waffles and I felt that they could be about 30 seconds longer in the waffle machine so that it will have the outer crispiness while still having a soft interior.

Price: I’ve ordered a double-stacked waffle topped with roasted pistachio soft serve and roasted pistachio toppings that cost me $12.90. The price is inclusive of GST and there is no service charge. If I’m not wrong, they have raised the price from $11+ previously. Overall, my willing-to-pay-for-waffles line is $10 and thus I would find this slightly pricey. However, for the amount of soft serve they gave, and that it was quite delicious, I would come back here to patronise if I ever feel that I had spare cash and wanted to spend on a good dessert place. Next time, I would probably just order the soft serve in a cone rather than on the waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment